2003-04 Mustang Mach 1 Showdown
The Inaugural 2003-04 Mustang Mach 1 Showdown will be held on Friday,September 21, 2007 at Summit Racing Equipment's Motorsports Park(formerly Norwalk Raceway Park) in Norwalk, Ohio.
There is no entry fee for all race class entries or other participants.
The Mach 1 Showdown will consist of 5 heads up classes and 1 bracketclass. Open Track Test/Tune will begin at 9:00am, with the Showdownclasses beginning at Noon. When the classes are completed, the remainderof time will be open track until 4:00 pm.
There will be prizes & trophies for the winners & runner up of eachclass. Friday evening, there will be an awards ceremony & social for allclass entries, members, guests or Mach 1 owners, hosted by CRTPerformance.
The Classes & Rules are:
First 5 classes are all heads up usinga .500 Pro Tree.
Bracket class will be a Sportsman .500 tree.
1. Factory Mach - N/A Only. Street tire/drag radials,factory or aftermarket full exhaust, shorty headers OK. Aftermarketgears and basic engine external bolt ons (no ported intake), intakespacer OK. Factory transmission, strengthening mods only, (example: 26spline input shaft OK), no 2 step, no trans brake, aftermarket shifterOK. Aluminum flywheel OK. Factory style suspension front & back - Notubular K-member or tubular A arms. Aftermarket rear upper lower controlarms OK. Removal of front sway bar OK. Aftermarket full/standardsub-frames OK. Lowering springs OK. Custom tunes OK. Full interior, Noskinnies, factory style 17" or larger wheels, factory style brakes, anyDriveshaft.
2. Modified Mach- N/A Only. Nointernal modifications to factory long block, ported intake OK. Anythingelse goes!
3. Super Mach- N/A Only. Any 4.6lDOHC or 5.4l DOHC based engine. Anything else goes.
4.Power Mach- No internal modifications to factory long block,ported intake OK. Single Power adder only, anything else goes.
5. Ultimate Mach- Power adders only. Any 4.6l DOHC or5.4l DOHC based engine. Anything else goes.
6. BracketMach- All classes can run in this bracket class showdown
Participants with nitrous oxide systems can run one of the N/A classes,with the NO system disconnected. Bottles will be checked ensuring thatsupply line is disconnected.
The primary sponsor of this eventis CRT Performance in Norwalk, Ohio. Other vendors planning to attendinclude: Mustang Racing Technologies; Street Lethal Performance.
Summit Racing Equipment's Motorsports Park will be holding itsregular Friday night Test & Tune starting at 6:00 pm ($12.00 entry) foranyone interested in running in the evening.
Participants in campers, trailers or tents can stay overnight Thursday &Friday at the track. Thursday night is free & Friday night is $12.00 dueto the Test & Tune. All participants must be out of the track by 9:30am Saturday, unless you are planning on running in Norwalk's local NHRAseries points event.
On Saturday September 22nd, there will be a Dyno Shootout between theclass entries. Primary Sponsor CRT Performance will be conducting theDyno Shootout at their Mustang Dyno performance facility. CRTPerformance will be providing 2 free dyno pulls to all class winners.The Entry fee for others that participate in the dyno shootout is $50for 2 Dyno runs. This includes checking air/fuel ratio. CRT Performanceis located about 2 miles from the Norwalk track.
Additional detailed information can be found for this event by going tothe Mach 1 Registry Owners Club - www.mach1registry.com
For more information, contact Phil Bastian at firstname.lastname@example.org or BillLeMay at email@example.com